When is it Time to Replace My Roof?
Full Service Building Contractors
“Quality You Can Trust.”
Signs It's Time to Replace Your Roof
There are several signs that may indicate that it is time to replace your roof, including:
1. Age – The age of your roof is one of the main factors to consider when deciding whether to replace it. Most roofs have a lifespan of 20-25 years, depending on the type of roofing material. If your roof is approaching this age or is older, it may be time to consider replacing it.
2. Sagging or drooping – If you notice that your roof is sagging or drooping, it could be a sign that the roofing material is weak or that the roof structure has been damaged. A sagging roof can indicate that the roof is near the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced.
If you are looking to hire a professional for your new roof installation in Sanford, FL or surrounding area, CFE Builders has you covered!
3. Missing or damaged shingles – If you notice that some of your shingles are missing or damaged, it may be a sign that your roof needs to be replaced. Missing or damaged shingles can allow water to penetrate the roof, which can lead to leaks and other problems.
4. Leaks or water damage – If you notice any leaks or water damage inside your home, it could be a sign that your roof needs to be replaced. Water damage can be caused by a variety of factors, including missing or damaged shingles, clogged gutters, and the growth of algae or mold on the roof.
5. Discoloration or staining – If you notice dark streaks, patches, or stains on your roof, it could be a sign that your roof needs to be replaced. These stains are often caused by the growth of algae, mold, or mildew on the roof, and they can affect the appearance of your home and potentially shorten the life of your roof.
6. Bucking and curling shingles – Bucked shingles occur when moisture in the attic space causes nails to push out of place and loosen the shingle. This compromises the shingles’ performance and exposes the roof to the elements, which can result in leaks and even more moisture damage.
7. Algae growth – Bacteria from algae eat through the shingles, especially if they are low-cost shingles that are made primarily of limestone. According to the Department of Energy, cool roofs are more susceptible to algae formation, although any roof color can experience algae growth.
8. Missing granules – Asphalt roofing shingles are made up of small granules. When these granules come loose, it can impact the shingles’ performance. You can locate missing granulates by looking for fragments in the gutter system.
9. Mold in the attic – This is one of the most concerning aspects of roof replacement. Mold forms in areas such as the rafter beams and the plywood on the underside of the roof.
By looking out for the signs listed above, you can be better prepared to answer the question “when is it time to replace my roof?” If you find yourself in the position to replace your roof, don’t hesitate to give us a call!
What Our Customers Say
Central Florida Equity Builders
Central Florida Equity Builders
Very friendly. Easy to work with. Great customers service. Started and finished job quickly. Clean up was excellent. Highly recommend. Had the best price.
Kept a tight schedule after the hurricane. They scheduled us and when the day came, they did the entire job in one day. Thanks I would recommend to all.
- Alamonte Springs, FL
- Apopka, FL
- Casselberry, FL
- Clermont, FL
- Kissimmee, FL
- Lake Mary, FL
- Longwood, FL
- Orlando, FL
- Oviedo, FL
- Titusville, FL
- Winter Park, FL
- Winter Springs, FL
We service all of Central Florida, so if you don’t see your city here, don’t hesitate to give us a call!